Research Student Opportunities
The School of Mechanical Engineering continuously seeks outstanding applicants wishing to pursue postgraduate research.
The School is proud of its long-standing tradition of high quality research and postgraduate student education. Undertaking a range of fundamental and applied research, the School has developed many new and innovative technologies that have made an impact throughout the world. Research is conducted across a diverse and wide range of areas, including fluid mechanics, acoustics and vibrations, combustion, robotics and automation, renewable energy technology, humanitarian engineering, biomechanics and sports engineering and materials and structures. The School received the highest ranking for the quality of its research by the Australian Government.
So why is Mechanical Engineering is an attractive place to enrol as a postgraduate student? Because of its:
- World-leading research and teaching expertise.
- Vibrant and innovative environment focused on making an impact on knowledge generation and technology development.
- State-of-the-art research facilities and technical support.
For further information, please contact the School of Mechanical Engineering postgraduate research coordinator.
- Summer Research Scholarships
- Control of Drag in Cycling
- Bearing Condition Monitoring
- Advanced Experimental and Modelling Study to Better Predict Spray Flames
- Laser Diagnostics in Clean Combustion Technology
- Particle-laden flows in Solar Reactors
- Solar Hybrid Science and Technology
- Acoustics and Vibration Research
- Controlling Blue-Green Algae
- Numerical Study on Stented Coronary Arteries
- Experiments on Stented Coronary Arteries
- Pipe Flow at Extreme Reynolds Number
- Drag Reduction Flow Control
- Morphing wings UAV
- Automated scanner for multispectral cell analysis
- Fluid mechanics of blood flow in cardiovascular and circulatory systems
- CFD modelling of the wake of a horizontal axis wind turbine
- Flow induced vibration of mechanical heart valves
- Hybridising Solar Energy and Combustion
- Liquid metal oxides for the storage of solar thermal energy and solar-assisted gasification
- Investigation of the flow and particle behaviour in a Solar Expanding-Vortex Particle Receiver-Reactor (SEVR)
- Mechanisms of cervical spine injuries