Water Treatment Projects
Large-scale treatment of water is important in developed societies but this technology is intended to address the issue of safe drinking water in places that are remote, underdeveloped and difficult to access. This work was motivated by the United Nations Millennial Development Goals that seek to halve the number of people without access to clean and reliable sources of drinking water.
- Solar thermal / UV water treatment for humanitarian use (2013) Harrison Evans, Anthony Liew, Mark Padovan, Michael Watchman
- Design and build of a biodigester (2014) James Bass, Nishanth Cheruvu, Natasha Rayan, Charles Savory and Kieren Sheehan
- Water treatment using non thermal plasma (2015) Ruben De Vries, Adrian Di Nardo, William Leonard and Juliano Paradiso
- Development of a water bottle that treats water (2016) Kane Bowley, Jack Lewis and Delwyn McInnes
- Desalination for the South Pacific Islands (2016) Ross Anderson, Raja Baksi, Michael Bettison, Alastair Brown and Natasha Othman