Publication Award Incentive Scheme
Postgraduate students are encouraged to prepare the results of their research, with the help of their supervisors, for publication in high-quality refereed journals or as a chapter in a peer-reviewed book.
Postgraduate students are eligible to receive the following incentive payment:
- $500 on acceptance of a journal paper by an ERA ranked refereed journal
- student must be the first author (exception maybe accepted if supervisor can confirm they are the main contributor) and ranked in one of the following lists:
How to claim the publication incentive payment:
To receive your payment, email the School finance team with the following:
- Statement by Supplier form
- Copy of the correspondence from the journal confirming acceptance of your paper, signed by your principal supervisor to certify that the journal is ERA ranked and that the School of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Adelaide, is the institution shown as your affiliation.
Please discuss the appropriate journal to submit to with your supervisors, but keep in mind the need for it to be ERA ranked, and preferably have a 0913 Mechanical Engineering FOR code, or a two digit 09 Engineering FOR code. Please see the attached list of journals as a guide. Note that there are a number of pages:
- MECH ENG has all journals that are already listed with a 0913 Mechanical Engineering FOR code. It also lists journals that have the two-digit 09 Engineering FOR code.
- The other pages are listed according to discipline. These list journals that have FOR spaces in Acoustics, Aerospace, etc. In fluids, there are also listed some other journals that have no FOR spaces left (for completeness).